Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Cat Really Is In Charge....

Well....I have made an interesting discovery today. Many of my houseplants are in the type of pots with the wells in the bottom; you know the kind that you fill through a hole and then the plant self-waters. I couldn't figure out why my plants were so dry all the time, I mean I water at least every two weeks whether they need it or not. So there I am this morning, watering away and I notice Miss Scout La Rue, the resident feline, climbing around one of the plants. I am curious as to what she is up to...that's right...she is drinking from the well in the plant holder! What!!! Keep in mind she has a perfectly good source of drinking water, she doesn't need to go searching like a nomad in the desert for a water source. Yeesh. Now she is resplendent on the kitchen table, knowing she has been discovered, but yet knowing to that she will continue this behavior as there is really nothing I, as a pesky human, can do about it. That my friends, is the story for today and the reality of my life.....

No comments: